Friday, November 18, 2011

An Early Christmas Present

As we all know, Emma LOVES her scrubs. She wears her green pair everyday at some point. I can't even get them clean before she wants them back on.


I ordered her a new pair of scrubs and a lab coat for Christmas, but when I took them out of the package yesterday I knew that I couldn't wait to give them to her. Aside from sleeping in pajamas last night, she has had them on. I am certain that she will be something in the medical profession.



Getting a spoonful of butter for her morning treat. Look at that face!



In other news....



Basketball season has started and I am proud to say that my boy had a couple of minutes in the first game and scored 4 points. The look on his face was priceless and if I were a good mother I would have had my camera. Our next game is Monday night and I am afraid it might not go as well.



My work schedule has been crazy and if I don't check my calendar everyday I will seriously miss a shift that I am supposed to be at. I am thankful for the extra time and money but my house and sanity may be suffering. As only a mother can, my mother came in yesterday morning to take the kids to school for me and politely informed me that she wanted me to contact my friend and former housecleaner to come over and "help me" before my annual Italian Christmas that is coming up in a couple of weeks. That was her way of saying..."Your house is a disaster and you need help!" I love my mother and she can certainly get away with saying these things.



No big weekend plans for us. I have to make food for church on Sunday and finish getting our Shoeboxes ready. That means a little shopping is ahead sometime this weekend and I am not looking forward to it. I have decided that when you can order anything you need or could possibly want online, why in the world would you venture out to the mall. I may be getting old.


Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, yes, definitely let someone help!!

Love the scrubs. And at least they're red so they'll fit right in at Christmas. :)

Kelly said...

So cute...I'm the worst, too, at keeping gifts until the actual day they are to be given. I think it is great that she loves scrubs! I didn't even know they came in such a small size.