Monday, July 25, 2011

What We've Been Up To

Well, to pick up where we left off......Emma did go to the doctor and didn't wear her soccer uniform. However, she kicked and screamed like she was playing soccer when the doctor attempted to examine her ears. Poor kid. She is TERRIFIED of an otoscope and considering that our new ENT looked like he might weigh 115 pounds soaking wet, I was afraid she might actually hurt him.




Everyone lived and since then she has had a sedated CT scan of her head to examine her temporal bones and attempt to determine if her hearing loss will worsen or if it is what it is. She also had several genetic tests taken after she was sedated but it will be a few months before we get all the results back.



She was scheduled for a sedated CT because, well, she is a terror and there was no way she would cooperate for the test. When we arrived for the test, the nurse was quick to point out that the CT itself only took 30 seconds and if I could convince her to be still we could avoid the sedation. Then she tried to weigh her and get her blood pressure. The tables turned quickly and she understood why Emma required sedation. I think the nurses would have liked to have been sedated after attempting to start her IV and take her vital signs.




Last week Brady went for his Senior pictures. HELLO! That was a bittersweet moment for me. Oh yes, I will be thrilled for him to graduate but it's so hard to believe that he has grown up so fast.


Brady and I were talking about college and starting to pick up some things along the way that he will need next year when he leaves home when he said to me, "I'm not sure if I am going to live in the dorm or get an apartment." After I stopped laughing, I explained that he didn't have any decision to make, he would most certainly be living in the dorm his first year. I think he got the picture.



Ashton has been busy with AAU and I am hoping that we are finished. There is one more tournament but we are not planning on going because, well, it's an 8 hour drive. I'm all about him playing ball, but 8 hours is a bit much. So I am very hopeful that our AAU season is coming to an end. Just in time for school to start back!




I went upstairs to check on Emma at naptime and found her sleeping with her hat on and her hammer by her side. You never know when there might be trouble during naptime.
These pictures were taken on July 4 in front of the creek that runs in front of the house that my mother grew up in.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We really need to chat. ST, hearing loss, CT scans, yeah been there doing that. (hugs)

I LOL about Brady's living *arrangements*. :)

Leslie