Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh My, It's One of Those Days

As I type this post my daughter is dressed in her soccer uniform, complete with shin guards. Why? Because she is convinced that she is about to go play soccer and not go to the DOCTOR! Her speech delay involves expressive speech, not receptive! She completely understands that she is going to the doctor but refuses to believe it. I simply don't care if she wears her soccer uniform to the doctor's office today.




Today I have had to rescue her from falling when she stood up in a chair to reach behind her computer to get something and the chair slid back and she went down. Luckily I was there to prevent her from breaking her neck. I thought she had learned her lesson but I was wrong. I then found her pulling up a chair in her room and stacking a stool on top of it to get her backpack down out of the closet. Can you say accident waiting to happen?



I then found her downstairs with a mouth so full of butter that it reminded me of some old person with chewing tobacco in their mouth. She had once again gotten the butter out of the refrigerator and has eaten another portion of the bowl. We had a nice discussion about time out and what was about to happen. I'm sure that I made a lasting impression on her......




So today is one of those days that if I were attacked by wild dogs or a crazed monkey, I might stand a chance of survival, but attempting to reason with a 4 year old is about to kill me. I might not survive this child! I don't remember the boys ever getting in to this much stuff but I have probably blocked that from my memory. I'm convinced that is why people have more children...you forget what the first ones did.




We are off to the doctor....or soccer....or to find me a cow and churn so that I can keep this girl in her supply of butter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She and my Li'l Dude would have a grand time together. :)

And your kids are all growing ... your boys ... look grown-up!!!