Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Emma and Rory enjoyed their day together yesterday. Melissa had her first chemo treatment yesterday and Rory spent the day playing here. Let me say, GIRLS are too funny. Having had boys first, it never ceases to amaze me the difference in the two.





Some of the funny things I heard said yesterday:



  • "Emma is wound up". Yes little mother, she was wound up.

  • "Are you a mouse catcher?"

  • Rory telling Emma "Say chip Emma, say chip."

  • Rory telling Emma "Say yes mam Emma, say yes mam"

  • "Miss Mayme, I love you." I heard that one several times and it NEVER gets old.


I love this picture because it looks like Rory has Mickey ears.







Sliding down the slide. Emma refused to cooperate so there is no picture of her.




The mouse catcher question came after I set a mouse trap upon discovering a little visitor in my pantry floor. Can I just say, nothing makes me freak out anymore than mice. Well, maybe spiders. Can I also say, that attempting to bash a mouse's head in with a ball bat while it hides behind Kroger bags doesn't always work. Can I also say, that YouTube and Google are lifesavers because when someone doesn't know how to set a mousetrap, step by step instructions are there to guide.




So I set the trap and put in the cabinet under my sink because I was suspicious that after the ball bat incident that is where the little rodent had disappeared to. It was later in the day that I heard the snap and with great pride opened the cabinet to find it had eluded capture. I reset the trap again and hours later I checked to find it had once again outsmarted me. Not to be outdone, the third time was charmed! It almost reminded me of Osama, but without the conspiracy theories. The little rodent also had a water "burial" and there will be no photos released.




So the moral to the story is that after 43 years, I can finally set a mouse trap and patience is indeed a virtue.




Say a prayer for Melissa and her family. She has her second treatment today and from all that she has been told, it will be particularly brutal. Pray that she won't be so sick, that she will not have pain, tand hat she will not be as exhausted as expected. She is a remarkable human being.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds like a very fun afternoon! Glad the girls had so much fun! (And that you caught that yucky mouse....)

I am praying for Melissa!

xoxo
Sarah

Melissa said...

Thanks for all the extra info on Rory and Emma's day - she still hasn't stopped talking about it.

And we had a major talk with her about not being Emma's boss, but it apparently didn't work. LOL

Becky said...

it looks like they had so much fun!
I seriously hate mice and I snap my finger and hurt myself every time I Have to set a trap. So, we have graduated to the mouse glue traps which are quite effective, although I might have been slightly traumatized by the 'screeching' of the mouse trying to get away. :)

also, loved the videos. The boys watched and were like "what is Rory doing to that little girl?" completely cracked me up!