Friday, May 27, 2011

Can You Hear What I Hear!!!

We are finally able to HEAR! What an awesome answer to prayer.


Emma got her hearing aids on Wednesday and the immediate reaction was remarkable. The look on her face said it all. You could tell that she had never heard these sounds before and she was amazed. I was amazed at how easily it went. She wasn't happy about them messing with her ears at first, but overall it went so well. Her eyes lit up when she began to hear the sounds around her.




As we were leaving the clinic I did a quick hearing test of my own. We were standing in front of the elevators and I was turned where she couldn't see me and I said "I love you Emma" in a very normal tone and she immediately responded "I love you." Talk about melting my heart. All the way home she was listening to the sounds she had obviously never really heard before. She kept looking out the window of the car and "hearing". Her reward was ice cream, a hot dog, and some fries from Sonic. Ice cream first!
The hearing aids themselves are not that noticeable but we have them attached with a little clip so that we won't lose them. That makes them a bit more noticeable. The only issue we have had since getting them is putting them in. They are a bit tight and she doesn't like me putting them in. I am sure that will get better once we both have a little more experience with them.



In other news.........


I worked a few hours on Wednesday night and those few hours turned in to my being unable to get home. We had some serious storming going on when I left work at 11 p.m. I made it all the way to the road that we live on and was praising God that I was able to get home when all of a sudden there was a tree and electric lines down and I was not able to get around it. Our phones were out and Bo had no idea where I was. Apparently he wasn't that concerned because he didn't reach me until around 6:30 the next morning! I ended up going to my mom's house to spend the night. It was one of those crazy moments in life. The electric company finally got the lines back up yesterday morning and I was able to make it around the tree and get home.



Our weekend plans include me working tonight of course, a soccer party on Sunday, Church, and Brady going to church camp. No AAU tournaments this weekend but plenty more around the bend.



Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Lindsey Carney said...

How awesome of a moment that must have been when she could hear all the noises around her. Made me smile real big :)

Brenda Lewis said...

So thankful and happy to hear how successful Emma's hearing aides help her. What an amazing difference that must be for her and all of you. Thankful, too, you are safe.

Sarah said...

What a WONDERFUL blessing Mayme! Fantastic!

And I'm so glad you are safe. Power lines are so dangerous....

Xoxo
Sarah @ Thinfluenced

Melissa said...

Can't believe you got stuck out of your own house!

And I LOVE hearing that Emma's hearing aids are immediately helping. Makes me smile.

Amy said...

How awesome!! I'm rejoicing with you and so glad that sweet little girl is hearing now!

Becky said...

well, that is so crazy about getting stuck.

and what great news about Emma's hearing aids!!