Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A New Cousin

This is Miss Sophie and isn't she adorable. She is the newest member of our blended family and Emma wasn't so sure about her.
Can you believe that her parents actually say that she doesn't sleep well at night? Please.....

Emma was more interested in the car seat than the baby at first.

I don't think that Emma pinched her.....but look at that face.





Uncle Josh and the girls.

Pap and his girls. Emma is holding Sophie's hand.



I love the face that Emma is making. I would love to know what she is thinking.

A sweet little kiss on the head. At least we hope so.

Nanny and Sophie.

We had dinner at my mother's house last week and finally got to spend some time with the latest addition to the family. She is adorable and practically slept through the entire evening.
VBS is over and I will attempt to post a video soon. Emma didn't want to stand too close to the other kids so it was a little more difficult to get a good video. She loves singing and doing the motions to the songs.
A cute little side note from VBS. There was a little girl that Emma was partnering up with one night and I noticed the little girl just rubbing Emma's finger and looking at it. Then I noticed Emma rubbing the little girl's hand and looking at it. I'm sure she was wondering what on Earth was wrong with that girl. It was a very sweet and innocent moment.
Brady is busy with "Rookie Camp" this week. I can't believe my boy is a Junior and is actually "helping" the rookies. That is scary stuff.
Ashton is leaving for church camp tomorrow and will be gone until Monday. He is so excited and I am really hoping that he enjoys it. It isn't our usual camp, but is supposed to be even more fun if that is possible. I'm hoping that he really gains some insight from this trip. Being 14 is a not an easy task. Being the mother of a 14 year old is even harder.
Emma isn't feeling just right today. She woke up sneezing and has a runny nose. She has been more clingy that usual and has not allowed me to study that much today. I have been trying, honestly! She just wants mom around to hold her a lot today and who am I to turn that offer down.


No comments: