Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What's Going On Around Here?




Well, we survived our marathon weekend, just barely.




I made it home Saturday morning after a decent night at work. Emma was spending the morning with Giggee and Ashton was going to a ball tournament. I woke him up and then set his alarm as well. Well of course he didn't get up and his ride called while sitting in the driveway wondering where he was. I went down to check on him (having only had about 45 minutes of sleep) and he was still sleeping with the alarm going off. The fact that I didn't kill him there surprises even me. I managed to get him out of the house and on his way. Back to bed for me.




Phone rings number 2. Our builder called (we are getting a new deck and I'm so EXCITED). Back to bed for me.




Time to get up......I managed to get approx. 3 hours of very interruped sleep and then Little Miss made her way home. She had a good stay with Giggee and managed to reveal a little of her stubborn streak to her grandmother. See, it's not just me!!! I think they had a heart to heart discussion about why it's important for Emma to hold Giggee's hand when she is in the parking lot of McDonalds. It may have involved a threat.......




While I was waiting on Emma to get home from her visit with Giggee I attempted to pick up some of the clutter that is driving me crazy. Let me start this story by saying I went to the grocery on Thursday. Remember (no car, no coffee maker). When I got home I unloaded the groceries and put them away. At least I thought I put them all away. You see where this is going right? I kept thinking to myself, "where is that chicken that I bought". I told myself that I had already put it in the freezer and let it go at that. Well, needless to say, chicken that has sat out for almost 3 days puts off quite the smell. I thought it was the boys socks or shoes, or perhaps a dead body, but alas, it was my chicken.




Next memory lapse. I watered the dogs Friday afternoon. Guess what, if you leave the faucet on for 2-3 hours your dogs will have more water than they need. Do you see a trend? I do. I'm really wondering about my brain power or lack thereof. When Bo came in and sweetly asked "Who watered the dogs today" I realized what I had done. Oh the shame.....







So as soon as I can remember to write it down on my list, I'm going to buy the new Great Mind vitamin that's out. If I can remember to take it I will let you know if I think I see a difference. I'm hoping my problem is that I'm over stressed and have way to many things on my mind and not signs of some early neurological decline. I'm only half way joking because it really does scare me sometimes.







Sunday I worked HARD. I have never enjoyed working in the Emergency Room on Sundays. It's usually a very busy place to be. Sunday also marked the 2 year anniversary of our referral call. I can't believe that it has been 2 years since I looked into that little face of our daughter and wondered what life was going to be like. When I look at her now it's hard to believe that she hasn't always been here with us.





Yesterday was spent at 3 different gyms watching boys play basketball. Emma was exhausted, I was exhausted and very thankful when my mom volunteered to take Ashton to meet up with the other players this morning. He managed to catch a ride with one of the other parents and I have NO guilt over this. Emma couldn't have lasted another day in the gym and I'm pretty sure I might not have made it either.





So today started out with no hot water AGAIN. We have been having some water heater issues and Bo thought it was fixed. Apparently the water heater is getting the last laugh. It is almost 100 degrees outside, but I have no desire to jump in a cold shower and attempt to shave my legs or wash my hair. Poor Emma has to get a bath tonight and I guess I will be carting hot water to the bath tub. I'm feeling very pioneer like.







I guess that about wraps it up. I'm sure there are other fascinating things to talk about but since I have that whole memory issue I guess I will have to make myself a list and get back to you about them.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It sounds like you need a vacation...by yourself! Hope the rest of this week gets better!

Maria said...

Are we leading parallel lives or something??? I'm sure the chicken was LOVELY smelling when you found it. Glad it WASN'T at our house. I've been reading about it and I think our problem is perimenopause and fluctuating (or lack of) hormones. :-) I'm sticking with that story -- it beats the one that says I'm losing my mind!