Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday and Taxes

Okay, so why do I wait to the last week of Feb. to pay my property taxes each year? Because that is how my parents always did it and we are creatures of habit! I have to work a few hours today and so I will go by the assessors office and pay taxes on the property that belongs to us! I really don't like taxes. Ironically enough, Bo and I will also have our taxes prepared tonight by the accountant. I hope that's a little better, but I never really know:) Death and taxes as they say.

Brady had his solo/ensemble on Saturday and he found out he scored a 1. According to him that is the best he can score. He plays the bassoon. People are always asking why bassoon and it seems so strange to say, well that's his favorite instrument from the movie Fantasia. It's odd for a plain Jane parent like me to have a creative son. If he didn't look so much like Bo I would swear they gave us the wrong kid. He is also fixing to start guitar lessons (our second attempt). On a heavier note, my little boy meets with the high school guidance counselor today to arrange his high school pathway. Okay, so where was I when he was growing up and becoming a teenager! How can that be happening to us? I am just not ready for him to go to high school. Didn't we just leave kindergarten? Oh how the time slips away.

On the Ashton front, he is trying out for AAU basketball. He practices again on Thursday and should find out if he makes the team. He's really excited and I guess I hope he makes it. If he does, then we play no baseball this year. That will be the first time since they were 5 years old that we have not played baseball. I might actually miss it.

I have not checked Brian and Melissa's blog yet today, but they should be safely in Korea. They will probably get Rory tomorrow. My heart is so full for them. Every time they cross my mind I say a prayer for them all. This little darling is about to be faced with people she has never seen before (that certainly are not Asian), they sound funny, they smell different, the food will be completely different, and she has to leave the only family (foster family) that she knows. My heart is just so heavy for them all, but God is the great comforter and I know he will comfort her in a special way.

All right, so it's Tuesday. I will be faced with the dilemma tonight after taxes, do we watch American Idol or the ballgame between Number 1 Vols and Vanderbilt? I may not have a choice in the matter and I am leaning toward the ballgame. I guess we will see!

I hope to be able to share some bible verses that I love and that are encouraging to me. I am too new to blogging to know how it will all work, but that is something that I want to do on a regular basis. The one that I woke up thinking about this morning when I was thinking about Brian and Melissa is: Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

No comments: