Thursday, February 28, 2008

Domestic Service

Okay, so just a regular day at home, which I really like. Total domestic duty today. Laundry, changing beds, vacuum, mop, yada, yada, yada. It takes me 2 days to make up for a snow day. Pretty routine day, no major events.

Brian and Melissa should be getting Rory in the next few hours. With the 15 hour time difference, it's Friday morning there. I know they are so excited and extremely nervous. I am praying for a smooth transition for everyone. They have been in my thoughts constantly this week. I know they are anxious to get home. I have to admit, as much as I look forward to getting Emma, I am a bit anxious about 2 wks. in China. I will probably kiss the ground the minute we land on American soil. I want to look at it as an adventure, but I'm no world traveler. The travel part of this adoption is one of my biggest prayer requests. (Along with the food, water, sleep, any medical issues, oh, and let's not forget about a baby that has never seen us before!) I'm keeping God busy.

There should be some referrals coming in the next few days. I don't know if AWAA will have any, but I am hopeful.

Time for dinner prep and AAU practice. I get to stay home and watch American Idol. I'm anxious to see who gets the ax tonight. I think I know which girls will go, but no idea about the boys since we missed that night. (Am I boring or what?)

No comments: