Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow Day

Everyone is home today. That can be fun as long as it is short lived! Schools were announced closed last night, so the kids were happy about that. Bo attempted to get to work this morning, but the interstate was closed and the alternate route was a mess. Needless to say, he decided to call it quits and head back home. Of course, presently the sun is shining and the snow is melting. So much for any lasting accumulation.

I remember always loving snow days when I was a kid. There was something so great about hearing the t.v. revealing that you had a free day ahead of you. Even now, it always brings back those memories of my childhood and my dad.

We have spent part of our morning looking at Rory. Brian and Melissa have a wonderful video on their blog and we have enjoyed looking at their latest addition. They will not get to take her with them until Friday. Korea works differently than China in that respect. She's absolutely a doll and he choreographed it perfectly with our favorite song from Steven Curtis Chapman. It was so touching and I could only think about when our time finally comes around. I have played that over in my head so many times, practically on a daily basis. I can't wait.

Brady has his high school schedule all planned out. Sitting there listening to this discussion about what courses to take over the next 4 years was surreal. I kept thinking, didn't I just take him to school and leave him for the first day. I remember it so vividly. I remember thinking to myself "just make it out of the building without crying and then you are safe". It felt almost like that yesterday. I felt slightly old. I also can't help but think about the whole concept of having one in college (I hope), one in high school and one starting kindergarten. There are days when that really sets in and I wonder about my sanity (now and in the future). If children keep you young, well hopefully we will be in great shape. Isn't God great? This was his plan, not mine and I am so thankful He is so creative:)
Psalms 62: 5 My soul, wait thou only upon God: for
my expectation is from him.
Psalms 62: 8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out
heart before him: God is a refuge for us. KJV

I am so glad that God allows me to pour out my heart to him. It's nice to know that there is always someone who wants to hear my needs, hopes and desires as well as allowing me the opportunity to thank him for all of his blessings.

In the time it has taken to write this post, the snow has started again. The sun is gone and it looks like a blizzard. Only in Tennessee.

No comments: