Monday, May 7, 2012

That's A Wrap..



Brady had his final concert band performance last week and they sounded so good. It's amazing how far the band has come since their Freshman year. He was recognized for being part of a music honor society and therefore the pink tassels.

I would ask that you keep your fingers crossed and your prayers coming so this boy can graduate in a couple of weeks. He is in serious need of some good grades over the next few days. I am having a very hard time parenting an 18 year old who just happens to think that he knows EVERYTHING and is ready to go out and face the world. Let me assure you, I am ready for him to as well. He is my sweet baby boy and I adore him but as my good friend Frances says (who raised 4 boys), if you aren't ready for them to leave home by the time they are 18 something is wrong with you. I know that not everyone feels that way, but I am there. He is one of the sweetest boys in the world, but he needs to learn some independence and figure out some things for himself. It's just a fact of life. If you have not had the opportunity to raise teenagers yet, then hold on.

No comments: