Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Baby Boy is 16..YIKES

Among all of the activities over the last week.....there was also a milestone birthday for Ashton. He is officially 16 and I am officially....well...old. We celebrated his birthday on Sunday, along with Mother's Day. He wanted an ice cream cake from DQ.  The funny thing was when we went to pick it up  the girl that waited on us was just a little smitten with my boy. She kept saying "You look like you are 20" and of course that only fueled the flames. Ashton kept telling me "I told you mom, all I need is a fake ID." Oh my!







Emma was only too happy to help with the candles and Ashton really didn't want her spit on the cake. Imagine that.


So my baby boy is 16 and will be getting his license soon. Sends chills up my spine just thinking about it. He and Brady are so different. Ashton is more disciplined in some areas...school and sports... He does give me a few headaches with a bit of an attitude at times. He is quiet and sullen on occasion. He is also the most like me.....no comments. He adores his sister. He thrives on picking on her and yet every morning when I drop him off at school she yells "Good day Ashtie." He always gives her a little smile. He has a sweet side to him that sometimes you just have to dig a little deeper to find. He is my pride and joy and I am thankful God has blessed this mom with a chip off the old block.

No comments: