Saturday, May 23, 2015

Where Have We Been For So Long


Busy Life, Busy World., BUSY. That, and I couldn't upload pics for a while for some reason and I know that most of the people who read my blog want to see pics. I have no idea what happened or why but this morning I am able to load pics and of course the only one I could find was this one. I will try to do better.

We have finished the first grade. We had a really great and fast year. Her teacher was the best. Emma has blossomed so much this year. She continues to struggle with reading. She doesn't blend her sounds well when she sounds out letters and that is a big source of frustration. She wants to be the best at everything she does and she gets very frustrated that she isn't as good at reading. So our summer is going to include a lot of reading, plus tutoring and trying to really stay focused on increasing her reading skills.

We are finished with soccer for a few months. It was a great season and she scored one goal, which of course I wasn't there to see. Her team finished first place, winning their championship game. She continues to love sports and will be attending a couple of basketball camps this summer. She's very excited about that.

Emma's new favorite thing is My Little Pony. That came as a big shock because it's actually a girl thing! She still loves her Power Rangers and The Avengers. Wild Kratts is still her favorite show and she has also decided that she likes "Rock and Roll". I've caught her playing the drums and her guitar up in her room and just singing away. Pretty comical to watch.

The boys are.....well, the boys. Brady finished up another semester at school and has decided that he doesn't really think college is for him. Bless him, it has only taken 3 years to figure that out. I have no idea what his plans are. He thinks he wants to cook. He plans on working at a firework stand for a month this summer. Yes, that is a lofty goal. He's just very uncertain about his future right now and I continue to pray that he finds his way. There isn't a sweeter young man in the world. He is so good with Emma. I love watching him and listening to him talk to her.

Ashton finished up a semester at a local community college. He plans on going away in the fall to school and our discussion right now is related to his living situation when he gets there. Ashton has struggled so much the last 2 years and I won't share those details here, but just let me say that I have learned a lot as well. You never know what life is going to hand you or how you are going to handle it. Right now, I'm handling it pretty well. I have learned that I have no control over other people's decisions and as the Serenity Prayer states, I have learned to accept the things I cannot change. I don't always do a great job at it, but I have come a long way. He is a great kid, and I know that God has plans for him. I hope I live long enough to see what those plans are.

Life is full and crazy and I am thankful for those days. I'm looking forward to summer and have decided that my goal is to keep the activities to a minimum so that we can actually have time to enjoy the summer. We were so entwined with Ashton and his issues last summer that I feel like our summer was just a total bust. This summer I am hoping for so much more and having time to really take it all in. I want to lay around the pool and watch my girl play and read books. I want to spend time with friends and have time to work around my house. I want to just have some much needed downtime and appreciate it. So that is my goal, but only time will tell.

It's nice to be able to blog again. I have missed it. I will try to do better. But in the spirit of taking care of me and not stressing as much, I make no promises.

Enjoy Summer!!!!

No comments: