Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our Flower Girl

 
Emma was a huge success as the flower girl at my nephew's wedding. It was an answer to prayer because she didn't display any attempt at the rehearsal dinner. She held on to my leg and wouldn't let go. I believe the promise of a pair of skates is what did the trick. She has been fascinated by skates since she noticed the car hops at Sonic. So that was our bargaining chip and apparently it worked. She walked down the aisle just like a pro and never looked back. Her skates were waiting when she got home.
 
 
The wedding was held outside at my mother's farm and considering that just a few hours earlier it was storming and raining cats and dogs we were thrilled that it worked out. The weather was beautiful and the sky was so blue. A perfect day for an outdoor wedding and it was beautiful.
 


My brother loves his newest daughter-in-law and I think the feeling is mutual. A very good thing.


No, he didn't wear the hat during the wedding but I'm betting that Emma would have.


Emma kept pointing out that she and Ashley matched. Maybe that is why she agreed to the dress.




Okay, I realize she is my daughter and I may be slightly partial, but is she not beautiful as a girl!


It won't be too many years and daddy will be walking her down the aisle. Of course it may be with a walker considering how old we will be.




       Just like a pro. She marched down the aisle and went straight to the front in her position.


Of course, it could have been that the ring bearer was a dog and he was on her heels. Just saying.





My brother walked Ashley part of the way and then she was handed off to her handsome brothers. That was when my tears started to flow. Her father has passed but I am sure she could feel his spirit.


 

 



I love this picture of Ashley and her brothers. I especially love the look that he is giving her. He just recently returned from Afghanistan and will be leaving today to return to base.





There was a little confusion about which hand to put the ring on. The preacher was quick to point out it was Ben's first time. It was too cute.






        What a handsome couple and they are as handsome on the inside as they are on the outside.




Emma spent a little time getting acquainted with the Copper the ring bearer. Love the look in Emma's eyes in the first picture. She just isn't too sure about this deal.







                     Can you believe that people think I look just like my mother? Hmmm.

 
 

 
 I think my mother had just given the new couple a good talking to and I think that may have involved some talk about my daddy who has been dead for 18 years now. Ben looks just like him.




                                  It's a done deal. Ashley has the paperwork to prove it.



 

 
   What can I say, you can put a dress on a girl but that doesn't mean she is going to be a lady...



Up, Up, Up and Away. The balloons went flying as the new couple left the reception and started their new life together.

It was a perfect day.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Ben was just a little guy when I went to Oaklawn. Cant believe he's old enough to get married! Emma was gorgeous as a flower girl!

Melissa said...

I love, love, love the picture of you and Emma. Print that out and frame it! Emma looks beautiful in her white dress. I am fairly certain that rory will be quite jealous when I show her.

Vicky said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Emma looks so beautiful and so grown up! I have to say once I scrolled down to the bottom and saw that ladylike picture I had to chuckle :)