Wednesday, July 11, 2012

How Did The Pioneers Do It?

So I have been without my computer for several weeks now and let me just say...I have missed it more than you know. Thanks to my wonderful friend Joe it is now back in service and I can catch up with the outside world.


We managed to have a brief vacation and enjoyed it very much. I am totally a beach person but this year it was just not in the cards so we headed to the mountains instead. However, our boys are not really the outdoor type so we really didn't do much in the way of outdoor things. We managed to go to DollyWood and check out their latest roller coaster. It was a hit. We also went to the Dixie Stampede and aside from Brady having an asthma attack and me having to get him out of there and get an inhaler, it was a hit. Emma especially loved it.









Emma loved "playing ball" too. I kept trying to explain to her that it was a pool table and she was shooting pool, but she didn't seem to care.




Her new favorite pair of shoes, thanks to her daddy.



We came home and then it was time for the annual family reunion, which was a bit different this year thanks to the dry weather leading to a burn ban and us not being able to have our annual all night barbecue. We improvised and grilled on the 4th instead. Ashton met his cousin, Sean Micheal for the first time.



This little gang here screams TROUBLE. They had a blast with water guns and the creek.




On the 5th we met Gigi for the first time. Her family was in town and we finally got to visit with them. She and Emma were so cute playing together. She is only 3 and so petite. I didn't realize what a mammoth my girl was until she stood next to her. There were a few issues with sharing, but otherwise all was good. I love the look on Emma's face.




It looks like Emma has her in a choke hold. They were just too cute together.

We also visited the aquarium while we were out of town and the shark was her favorite.



It's now back to reality with everyone going back to work and life getting back to normal. I have been a bit scattered over the last few days but I am sure it has nothing to do with age. Just busy times I think.

Brady will be heading off to school in about 5 weeks and we are trying to get prepared for that. Ashton continues to be on the mend with his arm. It has taken a while to heal and is still not 100%. He has taken it easy and managed to lose some muscle tone while doing so. He is slowly getting it back.

So that is what's new here I suppose. I am on a redecorating kick and wanting to get some painting done and then some new lighting and when I hit the lottery I am going to get new counter tops. It's just a matter of time:) Poor Bo. I know he loves it when I get in these moods.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I keep trying to comment but apparently can't figure out the secret codes very well to prove I'm not a robot.

Emma *does* look really tall here!

I hear our girls just might be in the same kindergarten class this year, which makes me happy. The teacher won't know how to handle all the cuteness.

Hope things slow down for you soon. If you're ever working Monday night, let me know and I could have a cup of coffee with you as you're on your way out of the hospital and I'm on my way in for bloodwork.