Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Few More Christmas Pictures

I can hardly believe that my boys are this big. Brady will be 18 in February and Ashton thinks he is 21. He loves being taller than his brother.

The boys had a good Christmas. I am glad that everyone is back in school and at work so that life can get back to normal....whatever that is. We are working on all the college applications and FAFSA paperwork for Brady who is on track to graduate in May...please Dear Lord.


 Emma will kiss you for a dollar. Is that something we should be worried about or take pride in? I mean really, what a little scam she has going on. She conned Uncle Jimmy into a dollar without any problem.
 Look at that happy face. She loves her money.
 She also loves her Uncle Johnny. Emma was very excited about the farm set and the donkeys that she received for Christmas from her Uncle. This girl has no idea that she is indeed a girl. She thinks she is a teenage boy most of the time. Constantly "playing" basketball and being in the band. I love to watch her pretending.
 This will be the next member of our family. Ashley and Ben (not pictured) got engaged a few months ago and are on track to marry in September. I think my brother is happy about his next daughter-in-law.
 Bob and Sarah were able to be here for Christmas and it's hard to believe that they have already been married a year. The laugh of the night was hearing about Sarah making cornbread. Apparently using ONLY 3 tablespoons of corn meal just doesn't cut it. Kuddos for trying!
 Emma sporting some stockings.
A follow up on my medical scare from a few weeks ago. I had surgery on December 16 and the tumor they fournd was a fibroid but large enough and entangled enough that my doctor chose to leave it alone. She said it would cause me more problems at this point to remove it and that we will leave it alone and deal with it if I begin having problems. That would mean a Hysterectomy and I am in no hurry for that. It was an answer to prayer and I am thankful for the good news. I enjoyed the pain medications for a few days and then it was back to work!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad everything went well with your surgery! An answer to prayer!!

Edgar and Barbara said...

Oh Mayme....that Emma of yours always makes me laugh!! She gets more beautiful every day (well, every time you post a picture of her! LOL!!!).

Miss you guys so much!! Can't wait to see you all again...hopefully soon!!